I know I'm not the first person to do Adventure Time nail art, and that's okay! I absolutely loved the way that these nails turned out. On my thumb you can see the Ice King, followed by Jake the Dog, Finn the Human, Lumpy Space Princess (my personal favorite), and Beemo.
I think the Ice King turned out the best, but his face is also inherently more detailed than the other characters, and therefore it had more visual impact.
I used a load of colors for these nails. I'll go over some of the highlights, but I won't be getting into every color!
- The Ice King's skin was done with OPI What's With the Cattitude?, his dark blue mouth was done with China Glaze Man Hunt. The crown color was a mix of a few colors as I was trying to get the right shade.
- Jake's color was hand mixed using China Glaze Desert Sun and China Glaze Happy Go Lucky.
- Finn's skin color is Zoya Kennedy blended with some white. His shirt color is Orly Skinny Dip.
- LSP's base color is piCture pOlish Wisteria. I honestly could not have asked for a better color for her.
- Beemo's color was made by mixing OPI WWTC? and OPI Mermaid's Tears.
These nails were done using a medium length striper and a fine detailing brush. There was definitely some frustration involved in this manicure because the perfectionist in me had to keep redoing certain nails multiple times. Jake, I'm looking at you...
I ended up being awake way later than I should have been (on a work night) because I was finishing these nails, and it was absolutely 100 percent worth it!