It's time for another Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art tutorial! This month's theme is street style and I've decided to show you how to do this easy camouflage nail art. Camouflage, while traditionally used in the military or by hunters, has been used by fashion and by the style savvy, too. I particularly like camouflage when it's shown in unusual color combinations.
Instead of blending in, you stand out!
You'll need these five things to recreate my camouflage manicure: Sally Hansen Lightening, Sally Hansen Lickety Split Lime, Sally Hansen Black Out, Sally Hansen White On, and a small nail art brush. You may also be able to recreate this look using a dotting tool or rubber tip of a bobby pin in place of the nail art brush.
Check out the video to see how it's done!
There are very few steps for this manicure, and the less precise your shapes are, the more authentic it will look!
- Paint your nails with two coats of White On. While you should let polish set before you move on to step two, it doesn't need to be completely dry.
- Using Lightening and your nail art brush, paint three or four freeform shapes starting from either side of your nail.
- Add some more shapes in the white space using Lickety Split Lime.
- Grab Black Out and do the final round of shapes. These ones can overlap the other two colors a little bit, and you can make some of them extend fully across the nail if you'd like. Just be sure to leave a little bit of white showing through in the background!
- Clean up any stray bits of polish around the nail using a makeup brush dipped in polish remover, and seal with topcoat.
I hope you've been inspired to enter your street style manicures into the I Heart Nail Art competition! Don't be shy, I know you guys have all sorts of creativity to contribute to the theme, and you could win amazing prizes!
Sally Hansen products can be found at chain drug stores, food stores and mass retailers nationally. Visit their Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more information.