Read on to learn how to make these cute fuzzy monster buddies on your nails. Between body color, fur color, horns/hair/antennae, and expression, you can customize these little guys however you want! This design is perfect for bringing a little bit of whimsy into your life. Have fun with it!
I used a bunch of Sally Hansen polishes for these looks, but the really important part is the presence of the Fuzzy Coats. These polishes are made up of tiny matte bar glitters, and come in a clear base so you can layer them over any color. They give the monsters their adorable, cuddly fur!
The Fuzzy Coats in this photo are Fuzz-Sea, Tight Knit, Peach Fuzz, Tweedy, and Fuzzy Fantasy.
I made this video tutorial showing you how to make the monster on my middle finger. Like I said earlier, these guys are highly customizable, so you can take this basic style and change it up with each nail.
Here's a photo tutorial for the monster buddy on my pointer!
- Using the polish brush, paint a vaguely circular shape at the tip of your nail. I used Water Color over Breezy Blue.
- Add 1-2 coats of a Fuzzy Coat polish for the monster fur. This little guy is wearing Fuzzy Fantasy.
- Using a small nail art brush or toothpick, add on horns/hair/antennae. I gave this guy some rock and roll spikes in Lickety-Split Lime.
- Add two large black dots with Black Out where you want the eyes to go.
- Grab White On and add two smaller dots within the black dots. Try to position them in the same spot so they match!
- Add a monster mouth with your nail art brush or toothpick. You can make it crazy, sweet, frowny, whatever you like!
- Finish with topcoat to protect your art.
Once again, I encourage you guy to enter your textured nail looks into the I Heart Nail Art competition. Texture is all the rage and we want to see how creative you can get!
Sally Hansen products can be found at chain drug stores, food stores and mass retailers nationally. Visit their Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more information.