Today I'm squeezing in one last tutorial to inspire you guys to enter the Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art competition before it ends this month! The theme is texture and I'm really excited to share this manicure with you because anyone can do it. You'll need some polishes, a few tools, and some patience... and you'll be rocking this candy-sweet stars and stripes manicure in no time!
Before we get started, gather your supplies. You'll need:
- Three non-textured polishes (I'm using Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Violet Voltage and Mellow Yellow, and Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in I Lilac You)
- A textured shade (Sally Hansen Sugar Coat in Cotton Candies)
- Nail art brush
- Wax paper
- Painter's tape
- A star shaped hole punch (I got mine at Michael's craft store)
The amount of supplies may seem intimidating, but I promise this'll be easy once we break it down!
Watch me do this manicure LIVE through the magic of YouTube!
I've also got you photo tutorial gals covered.
- Using your nail art brush, paint three stripes with Violet Voltage onto a base of I Lilac You. Leave space between the stripes for your second color.
- Fill in the spaces between your dark purple stripes with Mellow Yellow. If needed, go over the stripes until they are the desired opacity.
(2b.) Topcoat! Since we will not be topcoating the textured stars, you need to seal in your stripes now. Wait for your manicure to dry completely before moving on to step 3.
- Stick a piece of painters tape on to wax paper for ease in hole-punching. Punch three stars, leaving a little bit of room between them.
- Slowly peel the tape off and stick it to your nail. Push down hard around the stars' edges to prevent polish from seeping underneath.
- Paint Cotton Candies textured polish onto a makeup wedge. Tap the sponge lightly over the tape to transfer the polish to the nail. Repeat once for extra texture.
- Slowly and carefully remove the tape from your nail. Give your design a few extra moments to set since the Sugar Coat polishes aren't meant to be topcoated.
Don't forget that this is the last month to enter into the I Heart Nail Art competition for a chance to win $500, a trip to NYC, and a shot at the $2,000 grand prize!
Sally Hansen products can be found at chain drug stores, food stores and mass retailers nationally. Visit their Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more information.