This month's Sally Hansen I Heart Nail Art theme is "Electric Summer"! Its inspired by contrasting shades and looks that will pop against tanned skin. While I don't have the "tan" part down, I can still bust out a mean summer mani that will look great on anyone's hand. Read on for the details and a tutorial for how to achieve this look for yourself.
I used three Sally Hansen faves for this nail art:
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Coral Reef
Sally Hansen Insta Dri - In Prompt Blue
Sally Hansen Insta Dri - Lightening
You will also need some sort of tape to make the triangles. I'm using washi tape but scotch, striping, or painter's tape would also work just fine.
- Paint your nails with 2-3 coats of Coral Reef. Let dry completely before moving on to the next step (I like to use a quick dry topcoat to cut down on waiting time).
- Apply two pieces of washi tape to your nail to create a triangle near your cuticle. Press down to ensure a good seal with your nail.
- Paint over the exposed area with In Prompt Blue.
- Working quickly, use a small nail art brush to paint thin stripes of Lightening going in all different directions.
- Carefully remove the washi tape and finish with topcoat.
I paired this summery look with a neon and gold chain bracelet from BaubleBar. While I don't think this one is still up for sale, you can browse their extensive selection of neon and chain bracelets here.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Sally Hansen. Products provided by PR.